Learning at Bletchley Park
The Learning and Collections education programmes appeal to schools, educational establishments and any enthusiast of History, Maths, Science, Design & Technology, including Information Technology, touching on STEM-based curriculum subjects. There is something for every age -- all of which can be given context by Bletchley Park and its history. We are continuously developing our education programme to support teachers and students of all ages.
New for 2014/2015, Bletchley Park is proud to announce a new bursary scheme funded by Winton Capital Management to provide free school trips to the site for those most in need of financial support. The scheme is yet another improvement to our exciting Education Programme.
- Primary Schools
- School children can explore Bletchley Park and learn through activities about the importance of mathematics and history in the Codebreaking effort. Click here to get more information on booking.
- Secondary Schools and Colleges
- Activities and learning opportunities for older students of History, Maths, Science, IT are available through on-site experiences at Bletchley Park. Click here to get more information on booking.
- Opportunities for adult learners are available, too; click here to get more information on booking.
- If you can't make it to Bletchley Park, we’ll visit you. Bletchley Park's Outreach Officers are experts in their fields and provide presentations, demonstrations and activities that expand on the importance of History, Maths and IT. Click here to learn more and get booking information.
Bletchley Park is grateful to Northridge Cars Milton Keynes Suzuki for partnering with Bletchley Park to support its Education Programme.
Other learning opportunities include:
- Interactive activities in our galleries - exhibits are always under development to keep our museum a vibrant, learning experience. Visit the What to See page of our web site for more information.
- Winter Lectures, Events and other activities - keep an eye on the What's On page or News pages to learn more.
- Fun Family Wednesdays - during school breaks, Wednesdays become fun-filled, action-packed days creating fun for the whole family. Everyone can pick up a new skill or idea. Please continue to visit the What's On page to find the next date.
The Bletchley Park Trust firmly believes that museums can contribute to every stage of educational development, for individuals and groups, through life-long learning. The Trust aims to deliver high-quality educational provision and resources to the community it serves, regardless of peoples’ age, ability, ethnic background, faith or sexual orientation. The Learning and Collections team ensure that the heroic work of the people who served at Bletchley Park during World War Two is remembered, and to promote understanding of the importance of their achievements to the war effort; encourage life-long appreciation of and enthusiasm for the disciplines of science, technology and mathematics that were essential to the work of the Codebreakers; and inspire young people to choose career paths that enable them to develop and use related skills.