Roll of Honour - Column 6 - Sources
1. Summer 1939. Government Code and Cypher School (GCCS) staff who relocated to Bletchley Park in
July 1939, and the War Reserve Staff who joined at the outbreak of war in September 1939.
(From National Archive documents: HW3/11, HW14/1, HW14/6, HW50/62 and HW64/45)
2. December 1940. Complete list of Bletchley Park personnel at that date, compiled by the
Director’s Office. (HW14/9)
3A. October 1942. List of Air Section staff personnel at that date, compiled by Air
Section directorate. (HW14/57)
3N. 1944 and 1945. List of Naval Section personnel compiled from duties lists, telephone directories etc.(HW3/28)
4. 1939 – 1945. Civilian List. This list, produced in December 1948, contains over 2000
names of civilian staff, most at Bletchley Park. It is not comprehensive, as many staff are
known only through information at source 7. This list shows only sections or locations and does not give dates. (HW14/156)
5. 1939 -1945. Service Lists – Officers. Similar to source 4 for RN, Army, RAF, WRNS, ATS and WAAF commissioned personnel. (HW3/82)
6. Publications. Names found in the various publications about the work of BP. Not yet
7. Historical Survey, Posthumous and Freedom Nomination Forms. Information
from veterans and their relatives and colleagues, included that collected by Margaret and
9. National Archives Documents. Currently under review.
10. Director’s Orders and Foreign Office documents. Held in the Bletchley Park Archives.
11. Naval Section directories. A compilation of Naval Section telephone directories
from between March 1942 and August 1945.
12. Key Personalities. Notes on individuals at BP, compiled from war-time papers &
the published literature.
14. Miscellaneous Documents. Held in the BP archive. To be reviewed.
15. Mark Baldwin. Obituaries and information from veterans provided by
historian Dr Mark Baldwin.
In total over 10,000 names appear in this list. We need your help to find the names of
people who were at BP in war-time but whose names do not appear in this list and for
any necessary corrections.