Restoration of Historic Bletchley Park
- Video update: Spring 2014
- Slideshow and update: March 2014
- Slideshow and update: Early 2014
- Slideshow and update: Autumn 2013
- Slideshow and update: Summer 2013
The Bletchley Park Trust is currently underway with the long-awaited £8 million Heritage Lottery Funded, first phase restoration programme. This exciting project will see the transformation of the formerly derelict wartime Codebreaking building, Block C into a vibrant Visitor Centre opening for the enjoyment of visitors in June 2014. In addition, the iconic, but currently derelict, Codebreaking Huts 3 and 6 will also be sympathetically restored and fitted with light-touch interpretation for visitors to experience how it was to work in wartime Bletchley Park. Finally, the landscape will return to its 1940's appearance enabling visitors to step back in time.
This current first phase project is proudly led by project managers, Groupe Artelia. Principal contractor is Fairhurst Ward Abbotts. Architects on the project are Kennedy O'Callaghan Architects. Structural engineers are Alan Baxter Integrated Design. Landscape architect work is led by Philip Cave Associates. M & E consultants on the project are King Shaw Associates. Exhibition design and fit-out are led by Event Communications.
Bletchley Park remains open to the public throughout the project and visitors now will purchase an Annual Season Ticket allowing them to enjoy Bletchley Park both pre-restoration and post-restoration in 2014 for a single admission fee.
- 21 March 2013: Behind the scenes at Bletchley Park
- 23 April 2013: Restoration of Codebreaking Huts underway
- 20 May 2013: "It's an honour to work on this unique project
- 26 September 2013: Restored Hut 11 revealed
- 17 October 2013: Floorless if not flawless
- 12 November 2013: Rain stops inside Codebreaking Huts
- 29 November 2013: Restoration reveals remains of historic buildings
- 13 January 2014: This is a story about people
- 3 March 2014: The Huts themselves have a story to tell
- 21 March 2014: Huts nearly blew away
- 4 April 2014: Volunteer actors bring Huts to life
Here is more information about the current project and how you can support the on-going Restoration of Historic Bletchley Park.