The Executive Assistant provides direct administrative support to the Chief Executive Officer of the Bletchley Park Trust, through efficiently managing the CEO’s time, providing information necessary for decision making, and monitoring and resolving issues. You will gain a clear understanding of the organisation and the CEO’s role, coordinate daily office operations, provide support for special projects, prepare correspondence and presentation materials for both the Directors’ Executive and the Board of Trustees. You will be responsible for managing the CEO's calendar, including appointments, meetings, travel and event management. This position requires keen interpersonal skills to facilitate communication among employees, executives, Board members, sponsors and partners. A full job description is available here.
- Managing the CEO’s calendar using judgment to prioritise meetings and committing the CEO's time for appointments, meetings, and detailed travel itineraries based on an in-depth understanding of the CEO’s priorities and needs
- Screening all incoming calls, providing responses and re-directing when necessary; keeping the CEO informed of all matters that require their attention
- Reviewing and responding to both internal and external correspondence on the CEO’s behalf
- Developing correspondence for the CEO, which may involve compiling reference materials and drafting material
- Managing the CEO’s preparation for meetings and events, coordinating and preparing presentations; may independently research and analyse associated issues and/or compile materials needed for presentation and/or decision-making purposes
- Designing, planning, implementing, and coordinating Trust meetings (both Executive and Trust Boards), off-site events, and other events as needed. Some meetings will require minute-taking
- Liaising with the Directors
- Liaising with Trustees
- Organising and maintaining the workings of the Chief Executive's office: filing, expense reporting and tracking of needed information
- Providing support for other senior management as requested
- Previous experience as an executive/personal assistant to a senior level position preferred
- Ability to take initiative and work independently, successfully prioritise and manage multiple tasks simultaneously as well as one’s own time
- Demonstrated ability to perform duties with a high level of professionalism, flexibility, discretion, judgment, diplomacy and tact to handle extremely sensitive and/or confidential items
- Proactive in anticipating needs, planning ahead, and determining next steps, with an ability to solve problems and respond with a sense of urgency
- Perform in a professional manner and maintains competency and a positive attitude in a fast-paced work environment with an ability to effectively manage change
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills:
- experience dealing effectively with a wide range of people
- approachable and willing to assist others
- ability to quickly establish rapport, making people feel comfortable and welcome
- Demonstrated and strong information systems skills with calendaring systems and office automation (MS Office & Google Docs)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including editing and proofreading
The role is for Monday to Friday, 9am-5pm, but some out-of-hours working may be required occasionally. This is a permanent position following a 6-month probationary period.
If you feel you the role describes your attributes and you can work within a fast-paced environment - apply now with a covering letter and CV to [email protected].
Closing date for applications: Tuesday, 12 May 2015.
Visitor Service Assistants & Car Park Assistants
We are looking for new people to join our Visitor Services team. The Bletchley Park Visitor Services team is responsible for greeting and directing visitors around the museum, and supporting their visit in a number of areas. The role is varied and will include working in admissions, promoting and operating our retail shops and issuing multimedia guides to our visitors.
If you are passionate about providing great customer service and will strive to ensure our visitors enjoy a wonderful day at Bletchley Park, please contact us. You will have good spoken and numeracy skills and be enthusiastic with a "can-do" attitude.
Previous experience of working in a customer service role is required. You should be able to demonstrate a flexible and hands-on approach whilst being a team player. This is a great opportunity for those wishing to gain experience in the heritage industry, or those who love dealing with the public and pride themselves on providing great service.
We have fixed-term positions available initially on a 6-month contract which may be extended and are also looking for summer staff who can commit to at least 8 weeks over the summer holidays.
Visitor Service Assistants
We are looking to recruit team members who can work:
- Full days of 7.5 hours
- Flexible starting times (varying between 8.30 – 10.00am)
- 3, 4 or 5 days per week, including weekend work
Car Park Assistants
We are also looking for Car Park Assistants to work 10.00am – 2.00pm. This is a 6-month contract on a rolling rota including weekends.
For either role, please apply, sending your CV with a covering letter to [email protected]
Closing date: Monday, 11 May 2015
We aim to deliver a faultless visitor experience, welcoming up to 250,000 visitors per year, and to achieve this we need to recruit more volunteers.
Becoming a volunteer at Bletchley Park offers the opportunity to share your expertise and gain a new skill set, and it brings people together from diverse backgrounds to work toward a common goal, building camaraderie and teamwork.
Volunteering offers an incredibly rewarding experience and it is an opportunity to explore new personal interests and goals.
Above all it is an opportunity to have fun and try something new.
If you would like to find out more about joining the team of volunteers who help keep Bletchley Park running and provide a fantastic visitor experience, please email: [email protected]